Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lina's Birthday&random

For my birthday Evan told me we were going to go away for a weekend but he didn't tell me where. I was a little nervous about the location, I was hoping that it wasn't camping (not that I don't like camping, but it's not my first choice for a relaxing getaway:) Evan was doing a pretty good job of making me think it was going to be some place that I wouldn't really like but he did really well! A couple from church let us use their cottage on Cedar Lake-it was adorable! SO nice and relaxing!! We went jet skiing and on the paddle boat and slept and just did nothing! I got pretty burned the first day but it was well worth it:) The picture doesn't do justice to the tomato-redness of my skin:)




We went to Aunt Marilee&Uncle Peter's in Oconto for the 4th of July. We celebrated Lina's birthday-she requested a crown cake. I let her look at pics online and out of all the elaborate pics she chose a pink round cake with a crown on top-easy for me! Altho I forgot to spray the pans so the cake didn't come out of the pan very nicely and the frosting had been in the heat and was all runny and it just didn't turn out very nice but she loved it! (at least I'm taking the *gasp* that she let out when she saw it as "oh it's so wonderful mommy, I couldn't love anything more" as opposed to "seriously mom, I didn't ask for much...are you kidding me?")food for the kitchen set from Grandma&Grandpa B




A play camera and a cash register from mom&dad.


Later, we were playing "store" and I rang up her items and told her she that now she needed to give me some money to pay for the items. She asked if I could give her some and I said if she did some chores I'd give her some. To which she responded, "mom, can you just give me like a thousand dollars."


I had bought that wand at a rummage a while ago and had let her play with it but it was SO stinking loud it made my ears bleed. SO I took it away and told her she could have it on her actual birthday. (I had Evan put some foam over the speaker to muffle the sound-she was pretty excited to see it and was none the wiser:) We made crown cookies to take to play group




We had never attempted to take a group pic with all the kids at playgroup-it was such an enjoyable experience, I think we should do it every week. I think Belle would agree:)


As good as it will get for now:) There were 14 kids in the pic, I think if everyone is comes there are around 20 kids? We call the group Chaos:)


Lina wanted to have a picnic when we got home. It was so sweet-she set everything up herself. I love how we each have the same amount of food:)


I found this crib tent at a rummage and I am head over heels in love with it! It is SO nice to be able to lock, I mean put her in her crib and know that she will be right where I left her when I come back! If only I had one for Lina...


watching a movie in mommy's room




Father's Day


(you can kind of see the right side of Evan's mouth is bruised&puffy, he was head-butted while playing soccer and it was pretty unsightly for quite a while)






I've been thinking about what we'll do for beds once Belle is too big for the crib...looks like we already have some bunkbeds:)




They played in there for quite a while...I should take the books out more often


Evan needed to replace the top board and then paint it...the girls were very eager to help daddy (and had to take their shirts off like daddy:)


playing at the park...isn't this child adorable!




this one's pretty cute too, in my un-biased opinion:)





1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love the pictures! Can't wait to join in the fun in 2 weeks!!