Friday, March 25, 2011

kitchen set

I hope you are all impressed-3 posts in one month!
I've been meaning to post this for a while, I know you are all just dying to see;)
I had been wanting a kitchen set for the girls but really wanted a wooden one and was having a hard time finding one in my price range (which is CHEAP:) all the ones I was finding at rummages were plastic and I wasn't having any luck with craigslist. And then one day on my way to mom's I saw a rummage and noticed this wooden kitchen set even before I got out of the car and thought to myself, if it's under $40 I am buying it! And it was $15!! SaWeeeeeeet! Handmade and very sturdy. It was in a bit of rough shape and not exactly what I had been picturing, but for $15 I can work with it! So here are the before and after pics...I'm not really finished, but i say that with a lot of things but it's not like I'm really working on it or have plans to work on it any time soon! (Do you like this short novel on a silly kitchen set? I just get so excited about good deals:) The doors at the top didn't slide so we took them off and used them to make the burners (I am planning to eventually do something to cover up the top part, maybe a cute curtain or something to give it a little color) One of my mixing bowls fit perfectly in the hole for the sink but it was my favorite mixing bowl and it was my grandmas but then I found the EXACT same bowl at a rummage for $1 so I get to keep my original:) The faucet is a wooden 'J' from Michaels upside down, the new stove/oven knobs were from some wood laying around and we had to replace the oven hinges which I found in dad's workshop and the paint was all stuff from Evan's massive stash so it cost about $2 to fix it up-SaWeeeeeeeeet! If we ever have more room I'd like Evan to build a fridge to go with it (more for added storage than for play:) I love seeing Lina copy the things she sees me do in the kitchen. Ding-oh! pizza's ready!! ;)


3 comments:

Becky Slagle said...

This looks amazing! Great work; you are so talented!

Kristen said...

Very cute!

Joni said...

So impressed! Good Job - LOVE that great deal and it looks better than any used plastic one ever could!