Sunday, August 29, 2010

stop threatening me!

Just for you Lyd! So it's been a while...I did actually upload some pics a while ago but then something happened and they wouldn't post so then I posted some on facebook, so it really hasn't been 2 months...
I haven't been the best at photographing what we have been up to, but here is some of what I got. it starts with the most recent...

We went to Tazinos the other night (we used a Groupon, ever heard of them? sign up to get their emails, you can get resteraunt deals 1/2 off or more!) they have this chalkboard thing for the kids which Lina loved. Evan didn't really care about taking a pic of Lina though, he was really wanting to take a pic of this lady's extremely hairy legs-I had to do a double take to make sure it was really a woman-I guess she was going for a natural/organic look? I was going to put the pic up but you couldn't really tell. anyway, i thought it was funny:)
I was trying to get a good pic to show how adorable this dress is-unfortunately 8 month olds aren't the best model, but I think you can see it pretty well. thanks aunt kristen! our mom's group tried to meet up every few weeks at parks-this was a beach in Slinger


I tried for a really long time to get a good pic of the two of them together-Belle was smiling so nicely and this was the closest to a smile that I got from Lina-gr!

Lina likes to 'feed' Belle-it's so funny to hear her say things exactly how I say them when I am feeding her:)
climbing on everything!
the Rittenhouses were in town for a few days-Belle and Boaz were instant friends:)
One of Lina's favorite toys in her 'ipod' and one day she must have thought it needed a bath so she soaked it in the toilet. Evan took it apart to let it dry and they put it back together and it still works!
Lina getting fresh with Aiden while we were at the Koepke's one night

I went rummaging one day and found this helmet at the first one we went to and Lina wore it the whole time, even while napping:)
Lina is a little fish! She has no fear of the water and will jump in and nearly drown but be smiling like a fool when you pull her up. We have spent quite a bit of time at the pool this summer-I don't have good pics of her actually in the pool because I make her sit at the edge when I get out to take a pic:)
Belle likes the water too, altho aunt Lyd complains that she splashes her too much-toughen up kid
I made sure I had a constant supply of this delicious slush that my mom made when we were little in the freezer at all times. I found a bunch of margarita glasses at a rummage for real cheap-it's just more fun to drink out of cute glasses-Lina thinks so anyway:)
we loved having aunt Ton around for a few weeks-kneee hooooooooooow
right after the 4th of July we spent a week in Kentucky at the LIFE youth conference with 7 students. We drove down in this un-airconditioned van-it was pretty scorching, but we had a fun time and it was a really good conference, as always.
family pic before celebrating Lina's birthday on the 4th of July (we did not go to the parade or the fireworks, how unpatriotic was that?)
and thats it for now, i will try to be a little better. maybe.

2 comments:

Aunt Kristen said...

Thanks Carrie. You made my day! I can't believe how big Belle is getting. They are both just so sweet! Christmas seems so far away.

Joni said...

Thank you Lydia for threatening her :) And thanks for the new cute pics of your girls, although I must say I have seen them recently and have NOT seen you! One of these days one of your sisters is gonna get married and we'll see ya again :)